- ZA HPRA A881-B-Bc-Bca
Part of Papers of Howard Pim
The painting was bought by Howard Pim in November 1933 from the Export Book Co. Preston, Lancashire, UK, together with two other paintings by John Ruskin.
It seems that these three paintings were later presented by Howard Pim to the Students' Representative Council, University of the Witwatersrand on the 31 December 1933, to be hung in the Students Room in the new library (William Cullen Library?).
Also refer to the correspondence in this section, item numbers Bc162, Bc163, Bc172, Bc173.